A quick post to update you all from today’s meeting with my oncologist. After an hour wait and the nurse encouraging Lilah to use the furniture as a jungle gym, we got to see the doc.
The main news is she thinks the lump is even more flat. This is good. She did mention though that it’s still undecided if I have to have a mastectomy or not. I’ll be having the final MRI in two weeks to check the lump size and then in 5 weeks a meeting with the surgeon to decide if the boob is a goner.
I was a bit thrown by this conversation, having had it in my head that the boob would be saved. So I’m feeling a little adrift in these new more hardcore possibilities.
The nature of this whole process has been one of uncertainty and change. I just think I’ve got a handle on things and then there’s a cancer curve ball.
Anyway so I’ve had a good cry, grieved a little for the potential loss. Now it’s time for pizza, Buffy and a lot of cuddling.