Just wanted to let people know that Heidi is home from hospital, but unfortunately is in very severe pain.
We’re just waiting for the doctor to come and examine her as she shouldn’t be feeling this much pain and is already at maximum dose of her existing pain meds.
The choice was to either get her to hospital which would involve moving her, which would be agony for her, even if paramedics handled it. Or wait for a home visit from the GP surgery, which takes longer. Both are crap options, but I understand why we can’t just get a morphine prescription over the phone. Especially since Heidi says the pain is spreading and she also has an elevated temperature (though not fever yet).
A doctor will be able to tell if she needs to be moved to hospital or not. Regardless, we need to get the pain down before she can move or be moved.
There will need to be a decision about her drain as well, as it’s unclear whether removing it would improve or worsen her pain. There are pros and cons to either action, and the community nurses didn’t exactly inspire confidence there.
Anyway, I know a lot of you have been trying to get in touch, and I’m sorry if I’m not keeping up with it, but I’ll try to keep updates to the blog as then everyone can follow that for news.